Kourion: Earthquake House - Artist's Maquette, 2018 (Main Output)
Kourion: Earthquake House uses photography to consider the relationship between ancient seismic disaster and contemporary archaeological discovery; the found body as museum artefact; and the place of finding as a repository of knowledge. The project was developed as part of Ar[t]chaeology: Intersections of Photography and Archaeology, led by the International Association of Photography and Theory, European University, Cyprus.
This item contains documentation of the book Kourion: Earthquake House, an artist's maquette that was shown as part of the Ar[t]chaeology: Intersections of Photography and Archaeology exhibition at Nicosia Municipal Art Centre, 19 October 2018 – 12 January 2019.
Photographs courtesy of Stephen Vaughan. Maquette copyright Stephen Vaughan. Used with permission.
The work is under copyright and may not be used without permission. Use of this repository acknowledges cooperation with its policies and relevant copyright law.
International Association of Photography and Theory
- Art history, theory and criticism not elsewhere classified
- Art theory
- Visual arts not elsewhere classified
- Archaeology not elsewhere classified
- Historical archaeology (incl. industrial archaeology)
- Archaeology of Europe, the Mediterranean and the Levant
- Other history, heritage and archaeology not elsewhere classified