Kourion: Earthquake House - Photographs, August 2018 (Main Output)
Kourion: Earthquake House uses photography to consider the relationship between ancient seismic disaster and contemporary archaeological discovery; the found body as museum artefact; and the place of finding as a repository of knowledge. The project was developed as part of Ar[t]chaeology: Intersections of Photography and Archaeology, led by the International Association of Photography and Theory, European University, Cyprus.
This item contains photographic work made at the Kourion Archaeological site, the Episkopi Museum, and at the sites of the Digital Seismological Network in Cyprus in August 2018. Photographs from this series were included in Vaughan's Artist's Maquette Kourion: Earthquake House and exhibited as part of the exhibition Ar[t]chaeology: Intersections of Photography and Archaeology at Nicosia Municipal Art Centre, 19 October 2018 – 12 January 2019.
Photographs courtesy of Stephen Vaughan. Used with permission.
The work is under copyright and may not be used without permission. Use of this repository acknowledges cooperation with its policies and relevant copyright law.
- Art history, theory and criticism not elsewhere classified
- Art theory
- Visual arts not elsewhere classified
- Archaeology not elsewhere classified
- Historical archaeology (incl. industrial archaeology)
- Archaeology of Europe, the Mediterranean and the Levant
- Other history, heritage and archaeology not elsewhere classified