Victorians Decoded - Research Timeline and Research Questions
datasetposted on 11.03.2021, 10:17 by Cassandra NewlandCassandra Newland
Victorians Decoded: Art and Telegraphy celebrated the 150th anniversary of the first successful communications cable laid across the Atlantic Ocean, connecting Europe with America. A collaboration between Guildhall Art Gallery, King's College London, The Courtauld Institute of Art and the Institute of Making at University College London, the exhibition used iconic Victorian paintings and early telegraphic objects to explore how cable telegraphy transformed people's understanding of time, space and speed of communication.
This item contains a Timeline of the research project and a set of Research Questions.
The work is under copyright and may not be used without permission. Use of this repository acknowledges cooperation with its policies and relevant copyright law.
Arts and Humanities Research Council
- British and Irish Literature
- British History
- Other Literatures in English
- Ocean Engineering
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering not elsewhere classified
- Engineering not elsewhere classified
- History and Philosophy of Engineering and Technology
- Communications Technologies not elsewhere classified
- Language, Communication and Culture not elsewhere classified