Roman Signer's Library of Marvels - In Conversation with Roman Signer - Royal College of Art, June 2015 (Contextualising Information)
The material referenced in this item is located externally at the Vimeo platform, and can be viewed in full by accessing via the provided link above.
Library of Marvels is a long-term project based on ongoing conversation with Swiss artist Roman Signer and an exploration of the contents of his extensive personal library. The exhibitions arising from this enquiry re-deploy scanned out-of-copyright images to reflect the artist's omnivorous interests and generate montages that rhyme with the poetic imagery of his works, inviting new perspectives on the artist himself and the resonances of his works.
This item contains a link to video documentation of a talk by Rachel Withers in conversation with Roman Signer at the Royal College of Art on 24 June 2015. For the link see above or 'References' below.
- Art History
- Fine Arts (incl. Sculpture and Painting)
- Performance and Installation Art
- Studies in the Creative Arts and Writing not elsewhere classified
- Visual Arts and Crafts not elsewhere classified
- Art Criticism
- Art Theory
- Art Theory and Criticism not elsewhere classified
- Curatorial and Related Studies not elsewhere classified